Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Monthly 1 Revisited - A Ghastly Encounter in the Life of Wilkie Collins Version 2

All right folks, so here's the drawing I decided to work further on from this past month, my friend Mark’s Wilkie Collins/Drood-related prompt.  It was hard choosing between so many that clearly needed more time, but in the end, I think this was the one where what I wanted to show contrasted the most with what I got down.  The chasm of vision to product was fairly wide with this one.  And I had a particular vision for it, which involved more time than I had within thirty minutes.  The lines were left unfinished, and the feeling of this picture is so heavily dependent upon light and shade, and I barely got any down on the first run through, so I decided to give it so much as I could manage within an additional hour, and here is the result.  By no means perfect, but a vast improvement I think!

I hope Mark and all of you folks like it!  I'm sorry I can't devote more time to all the suggestions I get, but maybe at the end of this next month, yours will be the one that gets revisited!

Submissions are open now for tomorrow's sketch, so find the appropriate post on my blog, and comment with your prompt before noon PST tomorrow to enter the running! 


No comments:

Post a Comment