Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 38 - Kitsune and Owl Spirit in the Snow

Hey folks!  Today's suggestion comes from my wonderful friend Belle an interesting process, because my first instincts were all over the shoulder shots, up and down shots, but that felt too easy, over-used.  So I did my best to (within a reasonable timeframe) think up a different, hopefully more interesting composition.  With any luck, I've achieved that.  I think my brain too often strains out the impulse for a good flat on (relatively) composition, when there are myriad ways to compose wonderful scenes without dynamic angles being necessity.  Probably all the growing up on DragonBall Z and whatnot. 

I wanted it to look sort of like a painting from a scroll or an illustration from a book.  Something serene.  A chance meeting in a Japanese forest at night under light snowfall somehow strikes me that way, so that's what I drew. 

I hope everybody likes it!  I'm quite happy with it, actually.  I think it's going on the list of candidates for extra work, come the sixty day mark! 

Thanks for the suggestion Belle!  It was a fantastico one!  I'll be making my next post for suggestions around midnight, where I'll list those currently in the running and you can add yours in before noon tomorrow for a chance to be tomorrow's drawing inspiration :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment