Friday, April 17, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 26 - Forest Fire

Hey there! Today's prompt comes from my most excellent sister, Laura, and she had a very particular idea and format. She wanted her suggestion drawn to incite an emotional response without showing any faces (or people/animals at all for bonus points), and her topic was, "forest fire."

I very much like the specificity of the challenge and to get to do some background work! Excellent to get some non-creature/person-focused stuff in here too.

Without focusing on figures, and a focus on natural forms, I had more time to focus on light and shading. I was hoping to take the subtlty even further and not actually even show the fire, but imply its presence. Looking at it now, I hope it's visually clear that the thing in the middle-ish is a bird's nest. I think I got caught up too much in the other elements and might could have made that clearer. With any luck, evenyone will understand that visually without my explanation.

So thank you Laura, for thinkin' outside the box and making me think outside the box! Excellent suggestion, and I look forward to more of your ideas :D  

Tomorrow's prompt will come from tumblr, and check back here on facbeook at 12PM PST on Sunday for my next post here!  



No comments:

Post a Comment