Saturday, April 18, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 27 - Favorite Fictional Meeting

So Alison came at me today with a tough one.  Not necessarily the drawing itself, but the CHOOSING OF FAVORITES, at which I am famously bad.  I had to go down and make a list of all the favorite characters I could think of.  Close runners up included Deidara, Donatello, Hannibal, Ichimaru, Kuno, Ra’s al Ghul, and Ryoga.  But in the end, I came down to a decision which I’ve made previous. 

The one and only Batman.  Calm me basic fanboy trash if you like, but I gotta be real.  There’s a lifelong history of love there, followed through manifold incarnations, and still burning strong to this day.  Whatever meta and philosophical, ethical arguments are made for or against him, my fandom remains strong.  There are so many versions too.  I love a great many, but if I’m having to choose what represents Batman fully and at his core, to me, then I’m going Batman: The Animated Series, first three seasons, pre-redesign, not season four, not any other DCAU.  Initial design, initial style.  That Batman is the Batman I love most. 

Thought about doing Batman IN the picture but...I figure maybe hinting makes for a better composition.  Also leaves the interpretation of Batman’s looks relatively open to the imagination. 
But yeah, in the circumstance of coming face to face with the Caped Crusader, I can’t rightly say exactly what I’d do, but here is an approximation. 

Thanks for the prompt again Alison!  I hope you are pleased and amused :3 

Tomorrow’s prompt will come from facebook, and check back here at 12PM PST on Monday for my next tumblr post! 


No comments:

Post a Comment