Monday, April 20, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 29 - Capleesi Throws the Books

“Please tell me again how Ellaria wants to mutilate a child!  TELL ME AGAIN, YOU CHARACTER ASSASSINS!  Oh I’d also like to know WHERE ARIANNE IS!!!” 

So today’s prompt comes from Capleesi who desired an illustration of her throwing the A Song of Fire and Ice Books at Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.  Capleesi, along with many more of us are often grieved by some of the adaptation choices they make, and this season has seen its fair share even so far.  There are a great many things the show does right, and I’m all for adaptation in lieu of rote translation to screen, but there are some that I just can’t understand, and see no point in. 

But that’s a long discussion for another day.  It seems here that Capleesi herself has reopened the fighting pits of Meereen and has seen fit to put D&D in gladiator garb and hurl weighty novels at them from on high. 

I hope you like it Faru :P  I wish I could have gotten more done on it, but hopefully it’s visually clear enough to get some of the point across.  Thanks for the idea!  :D 

Tomorrow’s suggestion will come from facebook, and marks Day 30 of DSP!  This means that in addition to a 30 minute sketch, I’ll pick out one drawing from the last thirty days and devote another hour to working on it.  With all the awesome ideas I’ve been given, this is going to be a tough choice! 

ALSO, I’ll make another post later to reiterate, but with the next 30 days of DSP, I’m going to try a new system.  Every day from 12AM to 12PM, I’m going to open up the floodgates and take all suggestions, either in reply to the day’s post, or through asks/fanmail.  At 12PM each day I’ll accrue all the suggestions from here and facebook, and will pick one to do at random.  This means no more back and forth, one day on facebook, one on tumblr.  You’ll have a chance to submit ideas every day!  I’ll try this for the next thirty days and see how it goes/if people like it. 

The first will come not at midnight tonight, but from midnight the day after until noon.  I’ll put up the alert again in due time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment