Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 30 - Kung Fu Trix vs. Ninja Easter Bunny

Day 30 at last of DSP!  Basically a month now, woohoo!  And on that one month mark, Ryu finally gets in the suggestion he's had in mind since Easter Sunday!  A martial arts showdown between two of the highest profile rabbit characters around.  Looking at it now, I wish I'd made the Easter Bunny's pose a little more exaggerated and dynamic, but I'm pretty happy with the Trix Rabbit, even though I know no kung fu, and figure it's probably not even close to anything correct.  Maybe it's my ninjutsu knowledge that made me more conservative on the Easter Bunny's pose.  Ah well! 

I hope you like it Evan!  And I hope all of you folks like it as well. 

Thanks for sticking it out with me and helping me with all your excellent suggestions through thirty days of this project. I hope you'll all continue to participate as it keeps on going! 

So as I'd brought up in previous posts, for the next thirty days, I'm doing a new idea submission system to see how it works. 

BASCIALLY here's what to do.  At midnight every day PST (starting in 1 hour and 15 minutes) I will make a post for that day, and you can submit one idea per day per person on that post OR as an ask/fanmail (opening suggestions up for there now as well).  I'll accept submissions until 12 hours later at 12PM noon.  At that time, I'll take all the ideas suggested and randomly select one to draw that day.  This random selection will be taken from suggestions from both facebook, tumblr, and comments on blogspot, so now you'll have a chance every day to submit your idea!  I'm looking forward to seeing how this works.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! 

I still need to select which illustration to work further on for this thirty day mark.  A tough decision!  Not sure whether I'm wanting to post it on Day 30 itself or on Day 31 to mark a new 30 day cycle.  I'll figure it out, which means that it will either go up tonight or sometime tomorrow. 

All right folks, watch for my post at midnight and submit your idea anytime from then until noon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment