Thursday, May 21, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Month 2 Revisited - Sand Snakes Brunch


Hey again! So here's the prompt I chose to work extra on. Again, it originated from a splendid idea from  Tristyn.  The reasoning was essentially the same as last month: I loved the prompt, and I think it had the greatest gulf between what I envisioned and what I got done among the last thirty DSP's. And even with another hour of work, it's still nowhere near where I wish it had been, but at least things look a LITTLE more nailed down. I got all the characters sketched in at least, and got Obara, Nymeria, and Tyene pretty well lined in. Unfortunately the food and table accoutrement is still sketchy and nebulous at best, but I nebulously sketched in the things you wanted, Tristyn, if you can manage to make them out, hahah. Some drink pitchers, and a waffle stack, and at least one eggs benedict, all Sand Snake style, of course!

The character designs are more book-description-based, and pulling inspiration from book fanart, since the limited time frame doesn't leave much room for character design, at least with this many characters on the canvas. Obara probably looks most show-like, because I'd started off more with her show design and never had time to go back and mess with it too much. The most marked difference is probably Tyene, in the center. She looks and acts so different in the show compared to the book, so she's probably all but unrecognizable. Sarella, Obella, and Dorea haven't been in the show yet, so there's no comparison to be made. I wish I had fit them all in, but I'm still missing Elia and Loreza :< I'm sorry ladies!

I'm glad I worked more on it. It still needs a lot of TLC, obviously, but I'm certainly happier than when I first submitted it! I hope this does a little more justice to your vision, Tristyn, and that you and everyone like it!

Tomorrow begins a new thirty-day cycle of DSP! The post for new prompts will go up around midnight!  


No comments:

Post a Comment