Saturday, May 2, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 41 - Peguin with a Top Hat, Monocle, and Book

Hey there my peoples!  Today’s prompt comes from Sam, who put in this suggestion quite a bit ago, and it’s finally coome to fruition!  She asked for what the title says, and I found that finishing the penguin and book sketch itself didn’t take long, so I decided to give him an environment.  As it turns out I gave myself TOO much to do there, so it went from something done early to something not so complete as I’d liked it.  I guess I could have just spent all my time on the penguin figure and made it a nicer painting sort of thing, but…  I dunno once the penguin was reading this giant tome, I started picturing him in a vast library or study, researching something or other with great fervor.  I don’t know into what he’s delving, but it seems like very serious business.  So there should be books on those sketched in shelves behind him, but you’ll need to use your imaginations to see them.
Also, I decided to go with a rockhopper penguin, in lieu of their more universally known cousins, the emperor penguins.  Rockhoppers are fun little guys with fascinating eyebrow-like feathers.  It gave this dapper fellow a serious look, that’s for certain.

So I hope you like it Sam, and that everyone else does too.  Thanks for your patience, and I hope it was worth the wait!  : )

Next suggestion post goes up around midnight (or sometime after depending on how busy my night is), but you’ll have from its posting to noon to make new suggestions to get into the sketch lotto! 


No comments:

Post a Comment