Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 44 - Left-Handed Tea

"It's so beautiful..." 

Greetings all!  Today's sketch is a long-time waiting prompt from WaYu, and its time has come at last. 

For his prompt he suggested just what the title says.  This requires some back story.  So basically I've been taking Japanese tea ceremony classes, and it's a right-handed person's game.  Being a lefty, every attempt to whisk matcha with my right hand inevitably ends up in a fairly frothless tea.  Not what you're looking for in that situation.  And so this was suggested so I could at least fulfill, through art, the fantasy of using my much more adept left hand and succeeding where my right has failed. 

So thank you, Wayu-san, for this prompt.  I had fun with it, and got to live out my dream.  Hope you and everybody likes it! 

Next call for prompts goes up from tonight round midnight to noon.  Reply there with ideas to get in the running to get your idea drawn! 



No comments:

Post a Comment