Friday, May 8, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 47 - Mobile Suit Deathscythe

Heyo!  Today's suggestion comes from Brandon, who wanted to see a sketch of Mobile Suit Deathscythe, from Gundam Wing, if I'm not mistaken.  Giant robot anime were never my area of expertise, much less Gundam in particular, though I admit that Gundam Wing is the one I'm most peripherally familiar with, since it played on Toonami around the time when I watched a heck of a lot of stuff on there.  Always thought Gundams looked cool, but for some reason, I just never got into the Giant Robot anime genre.  Probably the closest I got was Beast Wars, which still spend half the time not looking like robots. 

ANYWAY, here's my attempt at Deathscythe.  The foreshortening on the forward arm looked better before I drew its gauntlet on...and I feel like the wings are probably at a bit of a wonky angle...but hopefully it still read all right. 

Hope you like it Brandon, and everyone else!  Thanks for the prompt!  Gettin' me outta my organic form-drawing shell (though admittedly it's not all that far away from an armored person). 

Next post calling for new prompts will go up around midnight! 


No comments:

Post a Comment