Sunday, May 3, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 42 - First Fanart Rehash: Dontatello

Hey errybody!  Today's prompt comes from J’dee, who asked for a re-hash of my first fanart.  Now I can't be sure what my actual first fanart was, but the first drawing of mine I can clearly remember was a ninja turtle, and given that Donatello is far and away my favorite, I'm guessing it must have been him.  Back in pre-school times, maybe before, I drew a lot of ninja turtle heads and Batmobiles.  Dunno which came first, but it was basically TMNT and Batman all the time.  SO I decided to draw dear Donny.  I always remember drawing them with that kind of mouth, so that's the one I put down.  I have a feeling I might have been referencing the TMNT comic book calendar I had for reference back then, but I never read the original comics as far as I can remember, but boy did I watch the tv show.  So I drew 1987-style Donatello.  And to keep it fairly similar to those first fanarts, I thought I oughtn't draw anything more than a bust view.  This gave me more time to work on the limited view I put down, so I made this my first DSP color sketch!  Got to go in and add me some chroma and shading even!  Still the time went faster than I thought it would, so the "D" there could use a little work and color as well, but such is often the fate of timed drawing. 

Hope everyone likes it! Thanks for the fun suggestion, J'deeeee grin emoticon It's always wonderful to draw the Turtle boys.

Day 43 prompt post goes up around midnight and will be open for ideas until noon. Get in your prompt there for a chance at seeing it drawn tomorrow!  



No comments:

Post a Comment