Thursday, May 14, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 53 - Optimus Prime Builds a Gundam

Hey there folks! Today's suggestion is another one dreamed up by Anthony, and given an extra vote by J'dee, who both wanted to see Optimus Prime building a Gundam. I'm assuming he meant Gundam model, since that would probably be a more absurd visual. If we're being real, I still probably didn't draw the parts small enough to scale with Optimus. I wish I'd had more time to work some more character into this one. What I probably should have done was work on the tone, then go in with details if I had time, but I did the reverse. Well hopefully, the crazy nature of the topic is entertaining enough on its own! It's been a long time since I've drawn a transformer, and I may never before have drawn Optimus. They're a complicated bunch to illustrate, but it was fun and educational to do!

Thanks for the prompt, Sir Anthony! I hope it pleases you, J'dee and all the folks out there!

Next post calling for prompts will go up around midnight. Comment before noon to get yours in the running for tomorrow's drawing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment