Sunday, June 21, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Month 3 Revisited - The Adventures of Sonya Baggins, Farin Fandomshield, and Chrisdalf the Grey against the dreaded and terrible CBSmaug

Hey my peoples!  So here at the end of the third thirty-day cycle of DSP, and the beginning of the fourth, I went back and chose a drawing from the last month to put another hour of work into.  It was tricky, because there were so many excellent choices that could use more love.  Freddie Krueger vs. Inception, David Bowie and the Necronomicon, Gandalf and Bilbo relaxing, the list goes on and on.  It's always a very difficult choice to make, but not only do I love this prompt of Sonya​'s with a flaming passion, but I also felt that I didn't to realize it nearly so well as I wanted, which is less true of the others that weren't selected.  That definitely seems to be the way I make the choice for these revisists.  The prompt with the widest chasm between what I envisioned, and what I got down while drawing.  I feel like I say this every time, but it's the truth of the matter. 

There was so much that had to go into sketching this one out, that the lines were all fairly rushed, so I really wanted more time to shore them up and make them look a bit nicer.  And thus is what was done.  While there's still a lot needed to make this really "complete," it's certainly a good bit tighter and more pleasing to mine eyes now. 

I'm sorry that I didn't get more of it done!  It's still one of my top favorite DSPs :3  Thanks again for the beeeeeautiful suggestion Sonya Baggins!  I hope you and Farin Fandomshield, and everyone else enjoy the slightly more finished version! 


No comments:

Post a Comment