Friday, June 26, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 95 - Stained Glass Stair

Hey everyone!  Today I have a prompt for you from Brian, who asked that I depict something from a lyrics of the band The Chameleons.  No small task, with so many excellent options from which to choose!  In the end, one of theirs that stick with me the most is from the song Paradiso, off of their album Strange Times from 1987.  More than anything, it was the phrase, "stained glass stair," but the couplet in which it resides is this:

"I recall a closing door, and I remember,
Seeing shadows cross a stained glass sky" 

I knew that there was no way that 30's minutes would be time enough to draw a technically illustrated spiral staircase (I wanted it to be spiral for whatever reason), so I faked it mostly and used color to give the impression of the general shape.  And there was no point in making it black and white really, so I went color on it.  Maybe the most abstract piece that's yet come out of DSP, but I'm not unpleased with it.  The idea of it in my head would take a lot longer to do justice to, I think, but I did what I could with the general idea in the time allotted. 

I hope you like it Brian!  There were a lot to choose from, and there's plenty more to mine in their oeuvre.  Heck there's plenty more to mine from the lyrics I did take as inspiration.  Hope everyone else likes it too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment