Sunday, June 21, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 90 - Maya The Mayan Bee

Hey everyone!  Day 90 of DSP sees me rectifying a prompt I misunderstood from Guillaume.  I originally simply drew Maya The Bee in an interation or two, without taking into account the second "Maya," in the prompt suggestions, so here, I've corrected this error.  Here's Maya in full Maya priestess regalia, as accurately as my cursory research could make it.  I'm by no means an expert in Central American history, much less Mayan, but this is sort of an amalgam of the source images that I could find.  I hope it, respectful and accurate.  If not, I apologize, and please let me know how I can do better. 

Additionally, although it can't really be recognized, I envisioned her atop The Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan. 

I hope you and everyone like it Nohm, and I'm sorry for not getting it right the first time!  Thanks for the suggestion, my friend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment