Monday, June 15, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 84 - The Resurrection of Christ

 Hey everyone!  Today's suggestion is from my Aunt Cheri, who wanted to see me depict The Resurrection of Christ.  A prompt burdened with a great history of depiction throughout the ages, by innumerable artists.  But I took my Daily Sketch crack at it here.  Looking it up, I don't think there are any particular accounts of the actual resurrection process.  Only the aftermath is depicted.  Suddenly he's out and about, and greeting Mary Magdalene.  No one sees the stone roll or Jesus (presumably) walk out. 

So I figured I'd depict him the moment he steps squinting out into the bright sunlight, after so much time in the darkness.  I also imagined shades of Samson in his pose.  I listened to some of Beethoven's Missa Solemnis while drawing this, so credit to Beethoven for helping with the mood! 

Thanks for the great prompt, Aunt Cheri!  Gethsemane was such a low point in the life of Christ, so it's nice to follow it up with a great moment of triumph. 


No comments:

Post a Comment