Monday, June 8, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 78 - Ignatius J. Reilly and Burma Jones 

Hey everyone!  Today's suggestion comes from my dad, who wanted to see two characters from one of his favorite books of all time, A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.  He often describes it as the funniest book he's ever read.  I read it a few years ago myself, and I have to agree that it is a ripsnorting good time!  I need to go reread it one of these days.  I wish I'd had the book on hand for this one, since I couldn't find all the description I needed online, but I did what I could.  I think I made a mistake, as I don't think Ignatius is actually in handcuffs in this scene, though they're both in a police station, Burma regaling Ignatius with his thoughts on life. 

This was really fun to draw, and there are so many scenes that need illustration in that comedic tome.  I'm still amazed that a movie hasn't yet been made.  Thanks so much for the magnificent suggestion, father!  I hope you and everyone else like it!  Go pick up A Confederacy of Dunces folks.  You won't be sorry, and you'll learn a little medieval philosophy while you're at it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment