Saturday, June 13, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 82 - Modern AU Melissandre

Hey folks!  Today’s prompt comes from James, who wanted to see a modern day interpretation of the character Melissandre from Game of Thrones.  I figured she’d be something like the charismatic leader of, or a high ranking member of some strange cult, a la Scientology, since the religion of R’hllor isn’t the most widespread religion in the Seven Kingdoms, and is only practiced by a limited number of people in Westeros.  It’s not nearly so new as Scientology, but like I say, something like that-ish. 

Melissandre and I really aren’t on speaking terms at the moment, due to recent, and probable future events (though I’ve never really liked her, however much I love and root for Stannis), but it was fun imagining her in a different context. 

Thanks for the fun prompt, James, old boy!  I hope you and everyone else like it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment