Friday, June 19, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 88 - The SB-Files

Hey everyone!  Today, I'm happy to bring a brilliant idea from Farah​, who wanted to see me as Fox Mulder from The X-Files, while Stannis Baratheon (the TRUE Stannis Baratheon) is my aliens.  She left it up to me to choose my Scully, and I selected Ser Davos Seaworth.  She was inspired by this picture, which she posted to my wall. 

So here's how I see this going down.  I'm sitting on the couch at a Alexis's house one day, watching one of my most favorite of characters on the television.  Then all of a sudden, with no warning or sensible reason, I see his Characterization taken, gone without a trace.  Others try to console me, but I can never escape that I watched the true Stannis Baratheon be taken by unknowable, malign forces.  I devote my life to finding out why this was done, what they've done with him.  It damaged my relationships, personal and professional, and eventually I'm relegated to crackpot theories that no one else will even look at.  I know Stannis is out there somewhere.  And at the end of my rope, I know there's only one man who can help me: Ser Davos Seaworth.  Once Stannis's greatest proponent and hand to the One True King, since learning of his lord's "death," and the codswallop that he burnt his own daughter alive shortly before his demise, has lost faith in most everything.  He's a tried and true skeptic now, but there's something about the claims I make.  The things I tell him.  Things about sinister "showrunners," and a great author who knows the truth about Stannis, and holds the key to his location.  Davos can't ignore the possibility, even if he keeps his skepticism up at first. 

So we investigate.  We follow cases where Justice is dealt by a mysterious figure no one can seem to pin down for long.  We find evidence of teeth grinding.  We smell a trail of salt and smoke.  We know he's out there.  And we'll find him. 

Thanks so much to Faru, for the amazing prompt.  I hope you and everyone enjoy it!  I have to say that this is one my all time favorites that I've done for DSP, from prompt, to the way it turned out, to writing this backstory.  I just.  I love it.  We'll find you Stannis.  We'll find you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment