Saturday, June 13, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 83 - Izanagi and Orpheus

Hey there people!  Today's prompt comes from Anthony, who wanted to see the mythic figures Izanagi (right) and Orpheus (left) at a bar, discussing their lady troubles.  Both of their wives died, and these two attempted to retrieve them from the underworld, each with less than optimal results.  There are so many versions that have come up throughout history, but I tried to keep the depictions fairly historically accurate.  Well...accurate to how they've been portrayed historically.

A spendidly made transcultural connection, Sir Anthony!  It was news to me, so I guess it shows how well-educated I am on the classics.  Thanks for the enlightening suggestion!  I hope you and everyone like it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment