Friday, June 26, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 96 - Avatar Cooper

"You know, this is - excuse me - a DAMN fine cup of tea!" 

Hey everyone!  I'm very pleased to bring you this prompt via Sarah.  She brought up a very amusing point the other day that a passage from some music from the Avatar: The Last Airbender Finale matches up perfectly, for a few seconds, with music from Laura Palmer's Theme from Twin Peaks.  In our interactions, we eventually came to crossing over the two shows, and once Avatar Cooper appeared in our imaginings, there was nothing for it but for him to go onto the Daily Sketch Project prompt queue. 

So here he is, Avatar Dale Cooper, giving himself his daily gift, a piping hot cup of tea.  He certainly seems pleased!  Another idea I had was him talking to a flying Lemur named Diane, but I ended up going with this.  THERE'S PLENTY MORE AVATAR COOPER TERRITORY TO BE EXPLORED 

These are two of my favorite shows ever, and the fact that this is the first crossover art I've produced for their union is just criminal (I'm so so super excited for the new episodes next year.  Somehow out of the valley of the shadow of David Lynch leaving, he returned AND doubled the episode order.  Truly...truly a gift)!  Thanks for getting me off my butt and doing the work that really needs to be done, Sarah.  I hope you and everyone enjoy it!  *Dale Cooper style thumbs up*


No comments:

Post a Comment