Monday, March 23, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Idea and Day 1 Prompt

Hey folks!
So I feel like I can never draw enough, and it has often been heavily hinted ( :P ) that I don’t post enough art online, so I want to try a new thing that will ensure I’m posting something at least once a day.

What I’d like to do is take suggestions from you good people, and use your imaginations to power my hand.  What I’m thinking is that we’ll go on a first suggestion basis.  The first person to suggest something in reply to my Daily Sketch post will get that thing sketched out by me.  The wider the variety of subjects, the better, since it’ll make me think outside the box and draw things which I might not normally.  I will keep it as open as I can, but let’s keep the subject matter clean and safe for work.  I won’t rule out multi-drawing narrative bits, but keep it mind that these will be sketches.  My plan is to only use 30 minutes to do these things, so the more elaborate the suggestion, the less complete it’s likely to look.

I want to do this both on tumblr and facebook, but since it’s hard to tell exactly when someone replied to a post on tumblr, I don’t think I can do both at once, so I’ll alternate days.  One day tumblr, the next facebook, back and forth.

SO tl:dr, if you want to get in on this, I will make a post asking for suggestions, and I will sketch out the suggestion of the first person to respond (barring unforeseen circumstances).  If you're on tumblr, just reply to the post I make, and the same goes for facebook.  I'm going to alternate days from tumblr to facebook.  Monday March 23 will be on tumblr, Tuesday March 24 will be on facebook, and so on ad infinitum.  I may try to do it right after I get the suggestion and complete it within the next half hour, or I may need to wait until a little later to do it, but I’ll have it out within the same day!

So when I make the post tomorrow, be the first to reply and I’ll draw what you suggest!
Thank you for reading this, and I hope you’ll join me on this undertaking which I hope shall entertain and help both you guys and myself!

Feel free to signal boost if you like.  I hope to get a lot of folks involved : )

Chris


Day 1 of my Daily Sketch Project, and the prompt is - Bunnies Gone Wild
Go ahead and call me lame :P 



No comments:

Post a Comment