Sunday, April 3, 2011

Some Work From Last Year

Hello all,

So here's some work I did last year.  Fittingly it doesn't hold up to the standards of my more recent work, but I post it here to provide some perspective and for posterity's sake. 


  These are character designs for a Batman page I did for my Intro to Sequential class. 

 Here is said Batman page. 
 These are six comic strips I did for my Intro class.  We had to come up with six daily comic strips from a strip we'd create.  Mine focused around a young man (Mike), just entering college, and his roommate (Dan) a guy in his thirties going back to college.  Dan's not well off enough to afford off campus housing and ends up in the dorms.  Thus, hijinks ensue.  Below are the five other strips. 


 This is a five page comic I did for my final in Intro.  It's called Eidetic, and is about a magazine photographer who has bizarre flashes of different places in his dreams, which somehow manifest as photos on his camera, all with timestamps in the future.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to do the comic in as long a form as I would have preferred and by the time I finished the third page, I really ran out of steam.  Therefore I sort of disavow pages four and five, however I think the first three still have some merit to them.  I was especially proud of page three at the time, and I still take a shine to it. 

 This was my final assignment for my Drawing For Sequential Art class.  We had to use the area behind our class building as the setting.  It has a rather cool looking are below ground which I used here to show a mob boss being corralled into a trap by a rival mob boss and his men. 
 That's all the stuff from last year for now.  Next I'll put up a few things from my digital coloring class last quarter and a few other things. 

Enjoy! 

Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment