Sunday, April 3, 2011

Model and Écorché

Hey again,

So here are photos of both models I did for my Constructive Human Anatomy class last quarter.  The first, is a skeleton we were provided with.  During and after class, we put all the muscles onto this one. 

The second is a model I built up from scratch using clay, wire, and a bit of epoxy.  For that model we got to choose whatever pose we liked.  Mine is based on a pose which occurs in the middle of performing a martial arts strike called an omote shuto. 

I learned a heck of a lot in this class, and I 'm so glad I took it.  There's plenty of room for improvement on both models.  I fully intend to embark on another écorché in the near future so that I can make an even better one.  Also, since I'm learning how to build the hands and feet in Constructive Anatomy For the Hands and Feet, I'll also have those better represented on my next model.  I can't wait to get to Constructive Head Drawing! 
















Well, that's all for now.  Hope everybody enjoys! 

Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment