Sunday, April 3, 2011

Digital Coloring Works

Hello again,

Herein are most of the projects I completed in Digital Coloring and Lettering Application, this winter quarter.  Unfortunately, I don't know the names of all the artists and/or writers on all the pages I colored, so I shall endeavor to find out what they are so that I may update this soon and give credit where credit is due. 


This is a page from Batman: Black and White, which is now, ironically, colored.  Unfortunately I don't know who the author or artist is.  One of our earliest projects in the class.  This and the following works were colored in Photoshop, primarily using the channels method.  
 These are three illustrations by artists I'm afraid I don't know the names of.  The focus of this assignment was lighting. 
 From the comic Will To Power.  Again, I'm unsure of the artist and writer.  This assignment focused on time of day and passage of time. 
 For midterms and finals, we were required to choose four pages to color. 

These two midterm pages are from the graphic novel Trailers, written by Mark Kneece and drawn by Julie Collins. 
 These two pages are pages one and three from my comic Eidetic, the entirety of which can be seen in my last post. 
 This page we had to color in class in two and a half hours.  This is what I completed in that time period. 
 This assignment was to focus on sound effects.  It's from a Spiderman comic, but I'm unsure of the artist and writer. 
 These two pages are from the comic Hellblazer.  I don't know who the writer and artist are.  We had to letter these pages ourselves, working from the script, along with coloring them. 

 These next pages were for my final in the class. 

The first two are from Jeff Smith's RASL, which he did the writing for, as well as the art. 

 This page is from my four page spy comic assignment from my environments class in the fall.  Here, I experimented with coloring right on top of pencils, rather than inks. 
 This page is from the book All Saint's Day, An Amy Devlin Mystery, penciled by Dove McHargue with Kate Kasenow, written by Christina Weir, & Nunzio Defilippis, lettered by Douglas E. Sherwood, and tones by Rashad Doucet. 
And so there are the majority of my works from Digital Coloring and Lettering Applications.  Next up, I'm going to see if I can upload some of my work from Constructive Human Anatomy. 

Until then! 

Chris 

P.S.  Since this didn't seem to want to show the whole image in my previous posting, here's the River Street Assignment from my Environments class again.  Hopefully it will work this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment