Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Model Hand In Development and Static Shock Project

Helloooo everyone,

A couple of different things to show today.  First up, some in progress shots of my clay hand model.  Nothing fancy on the camera work, but I think you'll get the idea.  Here's some shots from different angles.   So far, the basic shape of the hand, sans fingers is established with the underlying simplified metacarptal shape, as well as the knuckle pad, hypothenar and thenar. 






 Next up is some show of process for our first project in Visual Storytelling I. 

First up are the two sets of thumbnails I did for the four-page script we were given.  It basically consists of several thugs holding up a mall.  Frieda (a friend of Static) is trying to get him to come out of the bathroom, in which he is changing into his superhero garb.  After being threatened by one of the thugs, Static makes his entrance and takes them out. 

I did two versions of the scene.  The first set is on top, the second is on bottom. 
 We then had to work out a grid for the scene and show the placement and movement of the characters, as well as the position of the viewer in each panel.  I did the grid in Photoshop and differentiated scenes by the use of different colors.  Doing this grid made me feel like an architecture student, hahah. 




 And finally come the tight roughs themselves.  They aren't perfect by any means and if I take them to final pages, I'll change some things, but they're not too bad.  I didn't have as much time to work on them as I'd have liked, so hopefully I'll get more time for my next project in the class. 


 And I guess that's about it for now.  Hope ye peoples enjoy! 

As ever,

Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment