Sunday, July 5, 2015

Daily Sketch Project Day 104 - The Birth of Christ

Hey everyone!  Today's suggestion comes from my Aunt Cheri, who wanted to see an illustration of the birth of Jesus.  As with most any Jesus-related prompt, there's a formidable history of amazing artwork interpretations.  So here's my own sketchy version.  I wanted to keep Jesus largely out of sight, since I find that less is often more, where really powerful ideas or figures are concerned.  I had a hard time finding historically accurate projections of what Mary and Joseph might have looked like, so I more referenced Israeli people and a few works of art that seemed more accurate, and extrapolated from there. 

This was fun to work on, and thanks, Aunt Cheri for suggesting it!  I hope you and everyone like it : )  And a belated Happy Fourth of July to everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment