Sunday, March 20, 2016

Weekly Illustration Week 9 - Lost and Confused(Work-in-Progress)

Hey everyone! So this week I was working up an artistic tribute to one of my favorite things and characters ever, Ranma 1/2 and Ryoga respectively. The poor fellow just can't seem to find his way to the Tendo Dojo. It's almost like he can hear Akane's voice calling to him, so much does he want to find his way there...

As you can tell, it's not so finished as I'd like. Wanted to color the characters after I lined them, so it might have been more line-finished if I'd avoided that, but oh well.

It did bring me to a decision though! What I'm going to do from now on is work at least 30 minutes a day on an illustration, but not confine it to a week, necessarily. Sometimes I've completed things in less than a week, more often they're unfinished, so I am going to try a more flexible approach and work on them until they're done. I'll post in-progress shots at the end of every week untilt the drawing is done, then start a new one. Really the goal was to spend some time working on personal projects every day, and that's still achieved, but I won't have to rush and put out a subpar-quality piece or only work on simple projects. I'll still not drag my feet about it, but try to move at an appreciable pace each day and finish in the most reasonable time possible.

That's my plan at least. I'll do that for now and see how it goes. If I find that I'm abusing it and taking forever to finish things, I may have to rethink it, but I'll try this new system for the moment.

I hope you folks like the current state of the drawing, and I look forward to having a more finished version for you all next week! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment