Monday, February 29, 2016

Weekly Illustration 6 - Dark Night of the Soul

Hey folks!  Here with another piece worked on throughout the week, and another that's not as done as I was hoping to get it by the working period's end.  Again, I think I gave myself overmuch to do, and the fact that I'm still sort of blindly groping my way through digital painting probably doesn't help matters.  Hopefully I can work on this more in the future and really get it to a state where I can call it done.  I think for the final, I'd end up cropping it down some, but I figured I might as well post it in the full state that it was.

This one was inspired by the song of the same name, by Loreena McKennitt, which you can listen to here if you'd like  I'd highly recommend it, as it's a beautiful, soothing piece of music.  And as such, it was very emotionally inspiring.  I don't think I can say I did the feelings justice here, but it's a start, maybe for future work.

Finished or not, I hope you folks like what I got down! 


No comments:

Post a Comment