Sunday, February 21, 2016

Weekly Illustration 5 - Vide Cor Meum

Hey everyone! Here for week five, I have some fanart based on NBC's Hannibal. Unfortunately, my vision outpaced the time I was able to spend on this, so it's not to the level of completion that I want. Some things got a little rushed to get it even to this form, that I'd probably go back and redo if I had more time. I worked on it past the minimum requirements, but with work and other obligations, I wasn't able to do as much on it as I wanted. I'd like to work on it more in my free time in the future, and get it colored and such.

About it though, it has roots in a song used in Hannibal, Vide Cor Meum or "See My Heart," which itself is based in a poem from Dante Alighieri's La Vita Nuova. I don't want to spoil things for those who haven't watched Hannibal (because it's the greatest show of all time and should be seen by all), but if you've seen it, hopefully it'll all make sense enough.

So I'm still working to find a balance of things I want to draw, and how complicated I can make them, in order to get them done in minimal time. With Kylo Ren, I got done two a week. With this, it's not complete. Hopefully I'll find equilibrium soon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment