Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Practice In Perspective

Hello there!

So for the past month or so, I've been working in depth with perspective, doing a lot of research and practice, learning things about it I'd always wanted to know how to do, but never did.  I found a fantastic book called Theory and Practice of Perspective by G.A. Storey.  It's an amazing book, and the best on perspective that I've ever seen.  I highly recommend it to anyone who has a mind to get better at this often unappreciated area of expertise.  It's helped me monumentally.  I'm nearly through the book now.  The last section is all about shadows, and reflections, and the like.  So here are just a few of the drawing that have come of my practice.  Expect more in the future, and after I'm done with this book, the things I've learned from this book will most definitely show up in my other work!

Hope you're all well!

Chris

A circle of pillars

Arches surrounding a square

A circular spiral staircase

Concentric Circular Steps

Concentric Circles

A diamond in a cube

A dome atop a cylinder

A double cross atop square steps

A heptagon in perspective

Hexagonal tiling

Octagonal prism

A square spiral staircase

Square steps

No comments:

Post a Comment